Friday 11 December 2009

The Break-Up


Feeling a bit emotional right now after tonight's episode of  Eastenders. After finding out he defrauded their neighbours via Insurance policies and is now bankrupt, a distraught Tanya Branning decides to leave her husband Max and rushes her children into the car, all except young Abi who refuses and wants to stay with her dad despite her mothers' pleas. She insists, ''Dad needs us, me. We need to stick together''. Her mother drives off anyway with the other two children leaving Max running after the car in tears, begging. Trust me when i say parental breakup is never easy, i've been there!


What happened to us?
What happened to the happy days?
My broken family wear a mask and no one sees the pain beneath
I am left with nothing but memories of a once happy family.
They expect me to fix their problems with a blink of an eye,
Without much thought of how low and hurt i may be feeling.
I've failed and given up trying.
Sometimes, its too painful to bear.
Though, i keep the pain buried inside.
The worry cannot show through these eyes.
They ask me what's wrong. I'm fine, i say.
Striving to protect the feelings of my brother
I'm thankful to God for our time together as i'll cherish it forever.
I'm thankful to God for the memories, they will last with me for eternity
I'm thankful to God for the strength.
I only ask for continued courage to carry on...
G'nite.x

No comments:

Post a Comment